Friday, March 28, 2008

Something I Ponder Everyday ~

In families, it is sometimes hard to understand each other, and why we do things. We may not always think like another, or act like another. But, rather than question why
someone is not like us, maybe we could try to accept them as they are, and think of the good things about them or the great things they do, rather than focusing on the things that bother us about them. I find myself having to remind myself of this daily.


"So many of us make a great fuss of matters of small consequence. We are
so easily offended. . . . I plead with you to control your tempers, to put a smile
upon your faces, which will erase anger; speak out with words of love and
peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without
regret. Your marriages and family relationships will be preserved. You will be
much happier. You will do greater good. You will feel a sense of peace that
will be wonderful."

President Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

Vicki said...

MOm, I love this. I wish we could live by these words. A great man! We will miss him.