Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A DAY TO HONOR DAD!

I've been thinking alot lately about Dads. Not just because Father's Day is approaching, but because Roger's Dad is not doing well, and we have been looking at old pictures together, and reflecting on good times. My Dad is also turning 80 this week, and my brothers and I have been going through boxes, and boxes full of old pictures. We are going to make a DVD, to honor his life. There are so many old pictures that we are seeing for the first time in our lives!! Pictures of our Mother and Dad when they were first married, and pictures of me and my 3 brothers, while we were just little people! It's amazing the feelings it is stirring up. I don't know if these are memories that have been buried for so long, or if seeing these pictures is helping to fill some of those empty holes that we have all had in our lives for so long. It has been good for us, and we are all touched by these pictures, for sure. It's going to be hard to narrow it down to the few that will fit on the DVD. I'm sure my brothers and I could sit for 4 - 5 hours and watch it, but can you imagine how boring that would be to everyone else!!
Anyway - back to Fathers.....................
both Roger and I have had the best.
We love them, and honor them. And it is good to see our families follow in their footsteps. I thought I'd post just a few "Dad" pictures, in their honor!

I’ve been watching you dad
ain’t that cool
I’m your bucka-roo
I wanna be like you
eat all my food
and grow as tall you are.
I’ll be strong as you
and superman,
we’ll be just alike,
hey won’t we dad.
I’m gonna do
everything
you do......
so I’ve been
watching you

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Ok so now I am crying, I love seeing them with their dads. They are the best! We are so lucky to have them all.