Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yummy Recipe!!

I got an e-mail from my friends at Biaggi's Restaurant. It was this new recipe. Have to tell ya! Just like everything Italian.........it is FABULOUS!

Ingredients : 6 cups of day old bread (baguette cut into 1" cubes)
1 lb. plum tomatoes - halved
1 cup cucumber - seeded and diced
1/2 cup red onion - thinly sliced
8-10 basil leaves - thinly sliced
pinch each of salt and pepper
1/2 cup balsamic dressing - (more if desired)
1/4 cup kalamata olives - pitted
Place bread, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, basil, salt, pepper and dressing into a large serving bowl and toss gently. Allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Toss again and serve. Garnish with the olives.

For variety - Add diced salami, ripped prosciutto, or break up some cold smoked salmon.
Buon appetito !

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am going to have to try this! Sounds yummy, and you know I have a special place in my heart for Italy! Thanks for sharing!