Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy, Happy Day!!

In honor of this happy day, I have written a poem! Tessa is now legally and lawfully a Bott! (She always was to us, but now it's on paper!) Yipee!!!!

Sure do love you guys!!

The Family Portrait

Once upon a time, long before you ever met.
God planned a special portrait and the canvas, then was set.
He placed it on His easel, and then patiently, He waited.
With loving care, and in His time, He saw what would be painted.

He set aside some colors; He knew just how to use them.
God waited 'til the time was right, and then began to choose them.
A portrait of a family; a child, her mom, a dad.
This painting needed extra care; God used everything He had.

With His palette full of colors, He knew what it would take.
Each stroke was so deliberate; a masterpiece He'd make.
Blending some dark shadows, with subtle hues of light,
The image took it's shape as He used colors that were right.

Bold splashes of love, outlined colors of pain.
Shades of joy and sadness, were mixed throughout the frame.
And even though, because of time, your story's yet untold.
The final picture of your lives, begins now to unfold.

One very special child now knows, her mother and her father.
The love of God seen in His work, shines through with living color.
Your family portrait, almost complete; God framed it with His heart.
And hung it in the Hall of Faith..........a priceless Work of Art.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Bott,
I was just at Joe and Emilie's blog and felt I little nudge by the spirit to look at your blog. I am now in tears. Your poem was so very beautiful and touched my heart so deeply. Thank you for loving my Emilie and who can not help but love Tessa. I'm so grateful to you for the love and devotion you show them. I'm so glad that Tess has you in her life.
Much love, Sara (EM's older sis.)

Anonymous said...

Hey mother, thanks for this great post. It was nice to read. And thanks for getting it posted. It has taken me forever. But finally made it. Thanks again, love ya.

Emilie said...

Awww... Family!! I am in tears! You guys are all the best. I am so fortunate to have such loving people around me. Thanks for loving me and thanks for loving Tess!

bottspot said...

That poem is awesome. What an awesome time--adoption. Love it! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Mom, I knew you were a poet but this is absolutely beautiful!!! I should check blogs more often:) We all need a copy of this. Love you- sonia